Adding Kerb Appeal with a Resin Bound Driveway
Resin Mixed Stone are here to advise you on how to add kerb appeal with resin bound driveways. Not only are there practical benefits, there’s visual benefits too. If you feel it’s time for a change, then take a look at our article and decide for yourself if a resin bound driveway is what you’ve been needing, in order to spruce up your home.
What is a resin bound surface?
Resin bound surfaces are a combination of natural stone aggregate, mixed with resin to bind them together to ensure an attractive and smooth finish. This process strengthens your driveway and paths, helping your kerb appeal to last longer. Great news for those with a dip in their driveway, as the material is porous and will absorb rainwater allowing it to drain, so you won’t get rainwater accumulating into an unwanted pool.
Is there much difference between a resin bound and a bonded surface? Bonded surfaces feature a resin base, covered with a layer of aggregate over the top and left to settle. To finish the process, excess aggregate will be removed creating a natural, stony finish. Get the best of both worlds with a bonded surfacing that stays in place but gives the ‘loose stone illusion.’ An ideal way to avoid any rutting of stone and an easy way to guarantee your driveway looks neat at all times.
Range of colours and sizes
You may be wondering, how many colours and sizes can there be for a resin bound driveway?
There are several colours you can choose from, for adding a personal touch to your driveway. Ranging from blacks, browns, golds to greys, whites and several stone colour blends. Most of the colours will not affect the performance or durability of a resin surface.
You’re also able to decide on the size of stone you want, another great process in making sure all your requirements are met. Smaller stones are usually applied to home driveways, whereas large stones are commonly used for pathways, business fronts and car parks. Be passionate about your decisions, and don’t settle for anything that doesn’t strike you. You can have your subtle colours or statement colours and the appropriate stone size; it’s completely up to you!
Having a smooth driveway can increase the value of your house as well as its safety. A resin bound surface is pleasing to the eye and avoids any unwanted damage to your car from driving over cracks or potholes, that may result in an expensive trip to your local garage.
- Bye, bye weeds – resin driveways reduce the growth of weeds thanks to the resin incorporated with the aggregate. It provides a barrier, meaning weeds have little room to sprout through cracks or patches between blocks. Resin is a worthwhile surfacing that’ll give you more time to enjoy the summer, and save the laborious task of regular weeding.
Other additions for adding kerb appeal
If you’re attempting to sell your home or just fancy a change, what better way than adding kerb appeal, with a few simple steps. Here are some suggestions that could help you on your way to that easily obtainable goal:
- Gates – an easy way to further improve your kerb appeal and add security. With a huge variety of gates you won’t be disappointed with your choice. A gate will create mystery and wonder, elevating the status of your home.
- Lawn – when selecting plants for your front garden, an ideal starting point is to think about colours and smells. Plants such as, tulips, poppies and lavender will paint a beautiful array of colours and the smell of lavender is an easy way to add the ‘wow’ factor. Adding plants is great for summer but in the winter you may also want to plant evergreen shrubs to keep your front garden looking vibrant and interesting.
- Front door – make a grand entrance with an extravagant front door! Whatever the size of your property there’s an appropriate approach that can be taken for every individual. You may also want to consider the shape, colour and style when selecting a new door.
- Numbers and knockers – don’t be shy to add these to your door as well. These simple touches will help guests find your home. Also, a knocker is visually appealing and a simple way to get the homeowner’s attention.
Resin Mixed Stone hopes this article has provided you with sufficient ways you can improve your kerb appeal. Should you want more information, please contact our friendly team who are more than willing to help you with any enquiries.